The Martin Rooney bar complex workout is amazing. Martin basically states in the video that this complex can be done for time or reps. Martin also does this workout in pyramid fashion with his combat sport athletes. This workout will take your forearm conditioning to a whole new level.
This workout is 6 reps of 13 exercises for 5 Sets.
- The first set is with 45lbs- Empty Bar
- The second is with 5 lbs added to each side (55lbs total)
- The third set is with an additional 5 lbs added to each side (65 lbs total)
- The fourth set is 5 lbs taken off each side (55 lbs total)
- This fifth set is with 5 lbs taken off at each side- Empty bBar.
The Goal of this exercise is to do these 5 sets of 11 exercises back to back without taking a break. It might take a few times until you can get perform it without taking a break.
Exercises are done in following order:
- Military Press
- High Pull
- Bent over row
- Squat Jumps
- Good Mornings
- Over head Triceps Extensions
- Barbell Curls
- Wide Grip Bench press - Do this 6 reps then alternate this with 6 reps of narrow grip bench press which shall be performed 3 times each.
- Barbell Pull Overs