Matcha is a super nutritious drink that was used by Buddhist Monks before meditation and the Samurai prior to battle. It is an amazing drink that can change your mental and physical state.
Below is a video which demonstrates how to make iced Matcha Green Tea Late.
Steps on how to make Matcha is as below:
- Add 1 tea spoon of matcha to a cup of choice.
- Add some hot water. Make sure the water is not boiling
- Add a sweetener. I suggest raw honey.
- Whisk it.
- Pour milk in a glass filled with ice. I suggest using almond milk. Dairy interacts with the antioxidants in Matcha and make it less bioavailable.
- Add the Matcha mix to the the almond milk
- Add some more matcha powder on top and mix the drink.
- Add a straw and enjoy.
Be careful, Matcha is a powerful drink and if you have not drank it before drink with caution.
To find out the benefits on Matcha check out my other article title "The Samurai Pre-Battle Energy Drink"
Please check out video of preparing the ice matcha green latte below: